Saturday, August 21, 2010

A Traditional Wedding Gift



Did you know that a Traditional Wedding Gift to the bride from the groom in several European countries were bridal bags or then called Limoges????
In France there's a town by the name of Limoges which was where you could find these famous bridal bags in the 17th through the 18th century.
These flat oval purses would range in the design from the groom's coat of arms to enamel depictions of the bride and groom or saints. Traditionally money would be placed inside as well, such as 13 coins, signifying Christ and the 12 disciples.

I'm glad we now get more than coins from our grooms & guests on our wedding day!

I am delighted to have Oatmeal Lace bridal designs as part of my shop! These modern bridal clutches are perfect for any style wedding and perfect for a groom to give their future bride! You will be able to customize your clutch and the secret is ... most of them have a BLUE lining for your SOMETHING BLUE tradition!! These are just a sneak peek!

1 comment:

  1. You've got my attention. I'm a history geek and study 18th century French history. I'm shocked that this was something I didn't know. Very interesting post. And those hand bags are beautiful, wish i had one like that when I got married.

    ReplyDelete